Complete Guide to Use ES File Explorer App
Managing your files in an Android device could be difficult to do without a third-party app. So, among many apps for managing files for Android, there is ES File Explorer. Nowadays, you can only install and use this app by using the es file explorer apk. Why we can only use APK? Can we just search it on Google PlayStore and install it from there?
ES File Explorer File Manager
One of the most important things in a file manager tool for Android is the features. More features that can help you to manage the files easier, the better that app is. ES File Explorer offers many useful features that you can’t found on other similar apps. For example:
- Rename Files and Folder in Batch
You can rename files or folder in batch. Most of the file manager app only can rename one file or folder. Therefore, if you have hundreds of files in your Android device, and you want to rename them, you need to do it one by one.
ES File Explorer eliminates that tiring process. Its batch rename feature allows you to rename many files or folders at once. Furthermore, you also can make a numbered name. So, if you sort it by name, you can easily put them in order. It sounds a simple feature. However, it is very helpful, if you want to manage many files in your Android device.
- Copy and Paste Multiple Times
Other than that feature, this app also has other useful features. You can copy and paste multiple times. It helps you to manage several files that you want to keep in a certain folder.
- Search Local Files
Searching local files is much easier with this app. Just click the magnifying glass, type the keyword, and it’s done. You can find any files that you keep on your device. This feature is very useful, especially for the latest gadget that has big storage. If you save thousands of files in it, this feature ensures that you can find them in a matter of seconds.
- Change Folder Properties
If you want to change folder properties, this app can help you to do that. This feature is called the “Root Explorer”. This is a useful feature for rooted devices. Choose the system folder, then “Properties” option on the ES File Explorer. From this page, you can adjust the permission setting, that you normally can’t change.
- Open and Create ZIP Files
Another great thing about this app is you can use it to open and create ZIP files. Then, the result is a compressed ZIP file that saves more space in your device.
There are more useful features you can find in this app. So, by installing the es file explorer apk, you can get so many benefits. This is the reason why this app becomes the best file manager for Android devices. So, are you interested? Continue to read below to find more about what you can get from this amazing app.
How to Use ES File Explorer
Before we talk about how to use this app, you need to know why you use it for your Android device. It is an easy question to answer. ES File Explorer gives you the best way to manage your file on your Android device. As we explained above, it has many useful features. Furthermore, you can easily integrate your device storage space with cloud storage, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and more.
Now, let’s find out how to use this app. The first thing you need to do is installing this app on your device. Here is how you do it.
- Download the es file explorer apk. You can get it from the developer of this app. It is on the ES App Group official website.
- Once you get the file, copy it to your Android device. Or, if you download it using your Android device, you don’t need to copy. Just make sure it is located in the folder you can easily find.
- Open the APK files and allow the installation from an unknown source. Depending on your Android device, the setting might be different. But, the point here is allowing the installation from an unknown source.
- Wait until it is finished. Once it is done, you can find the icon of ES File Explorer on your Android device screen. Open it by tap the icon.
Once you launch the app, you can start to use it as the file management tool for your Android. The first step to use this app is easy. Here is the basic method to use and make you familiar with this app.
- Once you tap the “Start Now” button, you will arrive at the Home screen. Here, you can find many options and menu. Tap the “Menu” icon on the top-left corner of the screen to open the list of features you can use.
- Choose any of them to activate the features. On this window, you also can find the “Premium” option. Tap this button if you want to buy the paid version of this app that contains more features and custom themes, plus no ads.
Those are the basic way to use this app. However, you can find more about the features by exploring the app yourself. Now, let’s see and understand more about ES File Explorer. This way you can easily use this app optimally.
What is ES File Explorer?
ES File Explorer is a file-management app designed by ES Global. Even though it has the file-managing as its main function, this app can do many things. As we mentioned before, you can see that this app has so many useful features. In short, when you use this app on your Android device, it improves your productivity. It saves more time and energy for managing many files that you have.
Currently, you can’t find this app on the Google PlayStore. However, you can get it by using the es file explorer apk that you can easily found on the internet. Most of the APK file provider website has the APK for this app. But, you also can download it directly from the ES Global website. Make sure you get the right version that compatible with your Android version. That will make this app work very well as the file management tool.
How to Uninstall ES File Explorer Android
At this point, we believe that you already understand and install the ES File Explorer app on your Android device. You may have a great time to use it as your file management tool. But, if you think that this app doesn’t bring the performance that you want, you can easily uninstall it. Here is how you do it.
For the latest Android, you simply:
- Tab the ES File Explorer icon on your device screen.
- Then, you will find two options you can take for this app. They are “App Info” and “Delete”.
- To uninstall ES File Explorer, just choose the “Delete” option. It will automatically remove this app from your Android device.
You also can use the “Settings” menu to uninstall this app. Here how you do that.
- Open “Settings”.
- Scroll down until you find the “App Management” option. Tap it to open.
- Now, you are on the “App Info” window. Find the ES File Explorer name in it.
- Once you find this app, tap it and it will open the more-detailed app info page for this app.
- On this new window, you also can find the “Uninstall” button. Tap it to uninstall.
- Wait until it’s finished, and you have removed ES File Explorer from your Android device.
Make sure, you also delete the es file explorer apk file from your Android device. This will remove the app and everything related to it completely. It sounds complicated. However, the availability of APK files also allows you to use and install this app on many other devices much easier. Here are some of the examples.
How to Install ES File Explorer on Samsung Smart TV
The Samsung Smart TV is one of the devices where you can download and install the ES File Explorer to. It is easy to do. Here is the guide to install this app on Samsung Smart TV.
The first thing you need to do is preparing your Smart TV. Similar to the Android device, you need to allow the installation from unknown sources. That way, it can open the ES File Explorer APK file to install it to its system. To change this setting, here is what you need to do.
- Turn on the Smart TV,
- Open the “Settings” menu,
- Open the “Personal” tab and choose the “Security” option,
- Turn on the “Unknown Source” switch on this window.
Next is enabling the Developer Mode. This mode allows you to use the ES File Explorer app freely. Here is how you do it.
- Turn on your Smart TV,
- Open “Smart Hub” option,
- Choose “Apps” section,
- Enter the pin code. The standard pin code for Samsung Smart TV is 12345. So, use this code to open the Developer Mode configuration window,
- Turn on the “Developer Mode” option,
- Reboot the TV to finish the preparation.
Now, it is time to install es file explorer apk. There are two methods to do this. You can synchronize the network for Smart TV and your computer. But, this method is too difficult and complicated. Here, we have the easiest way to install this app’s APK file.
- Download the ES File Explorer APK to your computer,
- Copy the APK files to your flash drive,
- Plug it to Smart TV,
- Open the flash drive through Smart TV,
- Find the APK files in the flash drive, and choose it to start the installation process. And, wait until it’s done.
Those are several methods you can use to install, not only ES File Explorer APK but also other apps. Let’s move to the next device. In this case, we will try to install ES File Explorer on Amazon Fire Stick.
How to Install ES File Explorer on Fire Stick
Installing ES File Explorer on Fire Stick is much easier than Samsung Smart TV. The ES File Explorer app now is available on Amazon App Store. Therefore, you can use the Fire Stick to access the store and download it directly. You don’t need to use es file explorer apk file or such. Follow the guide below to install this app on your Fire Stick.
- Turn on your Fire Stick to open its Home window,
- Select the magnifying glass icon on the top-left corner of the screen,
- Type “ES File Explorer” on the search bar,
- You will find the ES File Explorer name as the search result. Select it,
- On the next window, select the ES File Explorer icon to open the installation/download page,
- On the installation page, choose “Download” or “Get”,
- Wait until it is finished. Then, click “Open” once it’s done to launch the app.
You also can open this app through the “Your App & Channels” section of Fire Stick TV. Next, let’s see how we can use this app by using the Fire Stick.
How to Use ES File Explorer on Fire Stick
As mentioned above, the first thing you need to do is open the “Your App & Channel” section on your Fire Stick. Then, find the ES File Explorer icon and choose it to open the app. On its “Home” screen, you can find many options to use, such as Local, Library, Network, and Tools. If you open the “Tools” tab, you can even find more features in it.
The best of all, you also can use this app to manage your download in Fire Stick. Furthermore, once you download the APK using this app, you can also directly install it. It indeed saves more time and energy.
How do I Change Permissions in ES File Explorer
Changing the permission setting helps you to manage and adjust your Android system even further. For basic usage, you won’t need to do this. However, if you want to modify your Android device, this method will help you a lot. You can do it manually. That will take too much time. Moreover, you also need the proper skills to do that without making any mistakes. ES File Explorer helps you to do it easily. Even if you are a beginner, you can try this advanced method to modify your device. So, how can we do it with this app?
One of the most important features for changing the permission settings is the “Root Explorer”. Here is how you use this feature to change the permission setting in your Android device.
- Lunch ES File Explorer,
- Open the “Settings” menu,
- Scroll down and find the “Other Settings” option. Tap to open and find the “Root Settings” option. Tap this option.
- You will open the “Root Settings” page, where you can find several options you can activate. One of them is Root Explorer, which you should activate now. For further modification, you also can check the other options, which are “Up to Root”, “Mount File System”, and “Backup System App”.
- Once you activate all those options, you can explore all folders and file system in your Android device.
- Select any folder or file that you want to modify. Tap for several seconds, until the drop-down menu appear. In this menu, choose the “Properties” option. Now, you can modify the permission settings in the “Properties” window.
This method is also the method you can use to get the root access on your Android device. The best of all, you can do this with just the ES File Explorer app. This permission setting guide is just a little break for our adventure to understand the greatness of this app. Now, let’s move to the next application of this app. This time, we are going to try to use this app to get Kodi in your device.
How to Download Kodi with ES File Explorer
At this point, you must already have an es file explorer apk in your device and installed it. Now, let’s use this app to download Kodi. But, before we try this method, you need to prepare Amazon Fire Stick, as we will use it to download Kodi. We believe you already have installed ES File Explorer in your Fire Stick using the guide we explained above, right? Now, you can use this app through your Fire Stick to get your Kodi.
- Open your Fire Stick,
- On the “your App & Channel” section, choose the “ES File Explorer” icon to launch the app,
- Once the ES File Explored is opened, on its Home screen choose “Tools” option,
- On the “Tools” page, find “Download Manager” option, and choose it,
- Click the “+New” button to start the new download,
- On the window that appears, you can see two bars you need to fill out with the Kodi information. Type the app name, in this case, is “Kodi”, in the first bar. On the second bar or the “Path” bar, type the address/URL of the Kodi APK files that you want to use. You can use any source for Kodi APK. However, make sure you use the trusted source.
- Once you fill out all the required information, click the “Download Now” button.
- Wait until the download process is finished. Now, you have Kodi APK files that are ready to install.
How to Install Kodi with ES File Explorer
Once you are finished the step above to download Kodi APK files, you can move to the next step. You can install the Kodi app. fortunately, if you use ES File Explorer to download the APK file, once it is finished, you will be prompted to install it as well. So, it is much easier. However, if you choose to not install it when you get this option, you can still use the ES File Explorer to install the Kodi App.
- Open Es File Explorer on your Fire Stick,
- Click the magnifying glass icon on the top-left corner of the home screen,
- Type the “Kodi” keyword and hit the “Search” button,
- Once the ES File Explorer find the Kodi APK, choose it to open the file,
- Now, you will be prompted to install it. So, choose the “Install” option to start the installation,
- Wait until it’s finished, and you have the Kodi app installed in your device.
How to Install Kodi without ES File Explorer
If you haven’t installed ES File Explorer, or you still have a problem to find the es file explorer apk, you can still install Kodi without this app. First of all, you need to prepare two things. The first one is the Android device.
And, the other thing you also need to prepare is the sideload app. You can find many of them on the PlayStore. Choose one that you are comfortable with. Install the app on your Android device. Now, let’s install Kodi without using ES File Explorer.
- Open your Fire Stick TV. Go to the “Settings” menu. Choose the “System” tab, and then open the “About” option. You can find your Fire Stick IP Address there. Enter this IP Address on your sideload app IP setting that you already installed on your Android device. This will synchronize the Android device and your Fire Stick. And make sure that your Android device and Fire Stick are using the same Wi-Fi network.
- Next, open PlayStore and search the Kodi app using your Android device. Once you find it, install the Kodi app on your device.
- Once the Kodi installation is finished, open the sideload app. On this app, find the Kodi app in the list, and choose it. The installation window will appear. So, choose the “Install” button,
- Wait until the process is finished, which only takes a minute. If it is successful, on your Fire Stick “Your App & Channel”, you can find the Kodi icon.
- Choose the Kodi icon to start the installation on the Fire Stick. Once it is done, you have Kodi that is ready to use.
Those are several interesting things you can do with ES File Explorer. Next, let’s take a look at the standard function and features of ES File Explorer. Hopefully, the guide below will help you to manage your file much easier and faster. And, the first thing you need to know about this app feature is its ability to transfer files.
How to Use ES File Explorer to Transfer Files
Sharing or copying files from PC to Android device or vice versa mostly use the USB cable. It’s much faster and easier to do. However, there were times when you can use your USB cable. For example, your cable is damaged, so it can’t connect your device to your PC. Fortunately, there is another option.
You can use the wireless method to share and transfer files. And, ES File Explorer app can help you to do that easily and effectively. If you want to share or transfer file from PC to Android or Android to PC using this app, follow our guide below:
- Create a folder on your PC. This folder will become a shared folder where you transfer the file between two devices. Set the folder’s permission to “Read/Write” setting. Make sure you also give the folder name, so you can easily find it.
- Open ES File Explorer on your device. On the home screen, tap the globe icon you can find in the top-left corner of the screen. It will open the menu.
- Find and choose “Network” to open the drop-down menu. Then, choose the “LAN” option.
- Once you open the LAN page, tap “Search” to search your computer network. Make sure your computer and your Android device use the same network.
- Once the app finds your PC, just tap the PC icon on the LAN search result page. Now, it will connect your Android device and your PC.
- After the connection is established, you can browse the shared folder you created before using ES File Explorer. Now, choose the files you want to transfer to that folder and copy then paste it on that folder. If it is successful, you can transfer the file without problems.
Those are the way to transfer files using ES File Explorer app with the LAN method. However, you also can use another manner to connect your Android device and your PC using this app. This time, you can use the FTP connection that you can find on your PC.
How to FTP with ES File Explorer
The FTP connection can be done by using the Remote Manager feature. This will help you to transfer files between two devices much easier. This method requires two settings adjustments for two devices. The first one is setting up your Android device, where you install the es file explorer apk.
- Open ES File Explorer app on your device,
- Open the “Fast Access” menu by tapping the three lines on the top left corner of the screen,
- Choose “Tools” option, “Remote Manager”, and switch it one by choosing “Turn On” option,
- Once you turn the Remote Manager on, you can see the FTP address information. This is the address that you will use on your PC.
At this point, you are done with the ES File Explorer setup on your device. However, do not close it; because you will need it to keep running to create the FTP connection. Now, let’s move to your PC setup.
- On your PC, open the FTP Client,
- Create the new FTP Account. When it is asked the IP & Port detail, use the FTP address you got from the ES File Explorer Remote Manager above,
- Once you fill out the required information, hit the button to create the account,
- Find and open your FTP account from the list.
Once you open your account, your PC and Android device will be connected. Now, you can transfer and share files between two devices using ES File Explorer.
How Do I Connect ES File Explorer to Google Drive
If we can connect our devices using a network in ES File Explorer, can’t we also connect it to our Cloud account? You must have this question while reading our guide above. The answer is yes. You can connect your Cloud account with the ES File Explorer app. How to do that? Here, we have an example of how to connect this app with your Google Drive account.
- Open ES File Explorer, and open the main menu,
- On the dropdown list, find the “Network” option. Tap it to open more menus under it.
- You can see several options there. But, what you need here is the “Cloud” option. Once you find it, tap to open the page for Cloud account setting,
- On the Cloud setting page, find the “+” sign on the bottom right corner. Tap this icon to create the new connection to your Cloud account,
- Once you tap the “+” icon, ES File Explorer will display the available Cloud account you can connect to. So, find Google Drive icon on the list, and tap to open it,
- You will be brought to the confirmation/authentication window to access Google Drive. Fill up the required information, such as username, email, or password.
- Once you finished the authentication process, you have connected the ES File Explorer with your Google Drive account. Now, you can access the files you keep in your GDrive account by using this app.
So, do you understand how useful ES File Explorer is? Therefore, it is a good thing to get this app right now. We have explained to you how to install it using the Fire Stick and Amazon App Store. However, if you don’t have and use Fire Stick, you can still get the Es File Explorer on your device.
How to Download ES File Explorer
Just use the search engine to find ES File Explorer. We believe tons of website and APK provider has the es file explorer apk you can use. Make sure you use the trusted APK source when you are going to download this app’s APK file. Or, if you want to safer method to get the file, just use the official website of ES File Explorer.
Since this app is not available on PlayStore, the developer of this app provides the es file explorer apk on their website. This is the best way to download ES File Explorer. You will get the latest version of this app. So, you can expect good and maybe new better features than the previous version. Once you get the APK files, you just need to install it like other apps’ APK files.
What Happened to ES File Explorer?
So, here is the question. Why can’t we find it on Google PlayStore? With those many great features, should it become one of the top downloaded apps from the Store, right?
Unfortunately, last year, or precisely, in April 2019, Google decided to remove this app from PlayStore. It was all because of the ads system in this app, doesn’t fit with the Google Policy. According to Google, DO Global, the company that creates and operate ES File Explorer, was using an illegal method to get clicks on the ads placed in this app.
DO Global uses the background clicking method to get more clicks on the ads. The users don’t even know that this system is working on the background. This method is then considered to be a “click fraud” infringement that makes Google took an action to protect its users. And, it is not only the ES File Explorer app. Almost all apps from this company also have been removed from PlayStore. That’s how serious this problem is.
On the other hand, DO Global also admitted that there is a problem with its app. Therefore, they accepted Google’s decision to kick their app out of PlayStore. Currently, they keep checking their app to ensure that there are no parts or elements in it that don’t match the Google Policy.
We don’t know when the ES File Explorer will be available in the Google PlayStore. DO Global has not announced yet about this matter. Fortunately, we can still enjoy the app by using the es file explorer apk. Now, are you interested in this app?
ES File Explorer Alternative
It is normal if you feel uncomfortable when you use the third-party app from other sources than the official PlayStore. Furthermore, ES File Explorer is also removed because of the lawbreaking problem. For you who still don’t want to use es file explorer apk, we have the solution for you. Here are some of the alternative apps that have similar features and performance as ES File Explorer you can use.
- Solid Explorer
This is maybe one of the best file management app you can find on PlayStore. Its quality is comparable with ES File Explorer. Some people even see this app has better features. One of the advantages of Solid Explorer is its easy-to-use interface. You can easily understand what you can do just by looking at the main page. It is well-presented and designed.
Moreover, the two panes browsing also allow you to manage the files much easier. If you want to copy, move, or share, it can be done on this two-panes browsing page. It has a free trial version you can try. You’ll only get limited numbers of features. If you want to get a fully-functioned Solid Explorer, you need to pay for it.
- Amaze File Manager
The Amaze File Manager is very lightweight. So, you can easily use it in the background, without disturbing your device performance. Furthermore, it also doesn’t increase your device’s battery consumption. This device-friendly app is indeed a good alternative for ES File Explorer. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a networking feature in it. So, if you want to connect it with other device or Cloud account, you will have a problem with it.
- Sliding Explorer
This is maybe the top ES File Explorer’s contender for the best file management tools for Android devices. It has everything that you need to manage your files. You can transfer the files easier. It also supports root access editing. And, it also has networking features. So, if you want to get the best alternative to replace the ES File Explorer, we can easily recommend this app for you.
Those are three apps you can try as an alternative for your file management tool. They have many advantages and features you can use. More importantly, they are all available on PlayStore. For some of us, this condition gives us peace in mind when we download and install it.
ES File Explorer for PC
So, is there the ES File Explorer app for PC? Unfortunately, the developer doesn’t make this app for PC. However, you can still use it on your PC by using an Android emulator. An emulator, such as NoxPlayer or BlueStack, can help you to install es file explorer apk on your PC. Then, you can open it using the emulator and use it like what you use it on the Android device.
That’s everything that you need to know about ES File Explorer. We believe, now, you are ready to get the es file explorer apk, install it, and use this amazing file management tool.